What Do Successful People Do Everyday?
As you should know, success doesnât come by chance or luck. Those people who made it and who are living the way you wish you were living, have been working hard and still do today, which is why they are at the top.
Itâs not a secret what their habits are and most people know what these
success habits are. Itâs more within ourselves to just start including these habits in our routines.
But for those of you who still wonder what do successful people do everyday, I will outline some of the most common habits and rituals of the elite.
Some might surprise you and others might bore you. Maybe you have more in common with your favorite idols and celebrities then you ever imagined. Only one thing is clear though, in order to be successful you need to start making a change.
Whatever youâve been doing now clearly didnât change anything in your life within the past few years so maybe picking up certain habits might give you the push you need to move forward.
This is not to criticize anyone. Iâm sure a lot of you are really pleased with your current situation. But for those of you who want to excel and improve in life, this might be the right article to read.
Personally I like to read motivating posts and articles on a regular basis and see which new ideas can pop into my head. It gives me motivation to improve and become better at what I am doing and trying to achieve. Having role models can be the solution. But without getting too far off the track, letâs not delay this any further.
4 Morning Wake Up Call
There are a few morning habits that separate the successful from the average.
I used to watch a lot of documentaries about billionaires and the super rich. When I was younger I always thought that they were super intelligent and had a natural gift to achieve this wealth, because they knew something that we didnât. Well they might know a few things better in terms of business and marketing, but thatâs not necessarily the reason for their success.
#1 â One crucial factor these people have in common is that they get up extremely early.
Waking up before everyone else does, gives them enough time to handle the things before they get in the way. Think about it this way, if you had one extra hour a day, how much more could you get done?
Shortening your sleep habit could easily give you this extra hour! Time to reset your alarm!
#2 â Working out is also one of the most important things to do, if you want to be successful. Keep your body healthy and your mind energized through exercise.
But then we have so many calls, emails and chores that get in our way that we move the workout to the next day. The following day the same problem occurs and so onâŚ
In order to avoid this, do as the successful people do and work out in the morning. Not only will it be empty in the gym, you will have more energy throughout the day and more than 30% of what you wanted to accomplish during your day has now been done. Youâve now completed a lot of the annoying tasks in the morning and worked out. The rest of the day can be tackled for the important tasks.
#3 â With all the important tasks that are still ahead of us, it can be a bit overwhelming and we quickly get flustered when trying to process everything in our mind.
This is why itâs good to just take a moment to relax. A really bad habit of mine (and probably many of you do the same) is to go on my smartphone first thing when I wake up. I go through my emails, check my notifications, reply to certain things and before I know it Iâm already in work mode.
Successful people take their time in the morning to reflect and think about things. We shouldnât stress ourselves first thing in the morning.
#4 â The last great habit we should copy of the morning rituals successful people have is to tackle the most annoying task first. Why would we bother doing that first? Well, if you complete whatever bothers you the most first, the rest of the day will be more joyful and the remaining tasks will be much easier to handle.
If you take the easy ones first, all day you will have that dreading feeling, knowing there is still the major burden lying ahead of you. This creates a passive negative feeling in the back of your head.
Time For Lunch
Now that the morning routines are covered, we can focus on how successes live the rest of the day. As for the midday period, I wonât go into detail how you should nourish yourselves with vitamins and healthy diets etc. because honestly most of usÂ should be aware of this already and it is quite a common thing to know.
Instead let us focus on the other habits on how to be more efficient with the work after the morning routine has been completed. Now that we got our workout done, most of the tedious tasks and half our work done and had some time to reflect and organize the rest of the day, hereâs a small list of things we should do to effectively continue the day:
- Follow your checklistÂ â Donât let yourself get off track and always remember what youâve written down on your checklist. If you donât have a checklist, Â you should definitely start writing one from now on. It will help you to stay focused and complete your work more efficiently.
- Donât be negative â Work isnât the most enjoyable thing to do of course but having a negative attitude will only make it worse. Try to stay positive and look at the positive aspects in life. Whatever youâre doing should be done for a purpose. Donât live to work, work to live!
- No burnoutsÂ â No matter how much you want to succeed and how badly you want to make it, donât forget to take breaks. Stare out the window for a few seconds and give your eyes a rest from the unnatural light of the computer screen. Stand up from your chair and stretch or go for a small walk so get the blood flowing through your body.
- Donât be a yes-man â Try not to take everything on yourself. Itâs good to be an expert in everything but it doesnât mean you have to complete every task all the time. Divide your work smartly and give certain tasks to those that can help.
- Keep your goal in mind â Remember the first point? Well make sure you know what all your effort is working towards. If you donât have a goal you will be working yourself to death. Your work tasks will seem endless if you donât know what you are working towards! If you havenât done so yet, write down your goals and have a glance at the occasionally.
End Of The Day
Unlike most of you, I hate the end of the day. I always feel like I could alwaysÂ do a little more and stay up a bit longer to complete a few more tasks. I guess this is a bad habit to have and here is the final list to complete the day of what successful people usually do.
Everyone has some pet peeves and here are some of the things highly successful people avoid doing:
- Stop looking at motivational quotes and actually take action. There are millions of nice quotes to look at and think, âone day I can reflect and think back at that quoteâ. Why donât you get your hands dirty and live the quote now?
- Donât think of failure. If you have a project and automatically include the possibility of failure, you will never succeed. Try to have a winning attitude and failure will soon be a myth. If you know your business will work, your confidence will make it work.
- Interrupting others is a very bad habit to have. Try to listen to whoever might want to give you advice on how to do things. Even if they are completely off track and just chat a lot unnecessary things you donât want to hear, show them respect and answer once they are done. It helps to build trust and after all communication is a very important skill to have.
Now that you have a good idea of what to avoid to succeed, you should be able to plan a complete day of success for the future.
Like always these habits donât have to be part of your life as of today, but try including them step by step. Change your alarm now and wake up an hour earlier. Iâm sure the first day is hard but eventually it will become second nature, just like the rest of the habits.
If you want to be as successful as your idols, then you too should act the way they do. The question of âwhat do successful people doâ has now been answered with some of the most powerful habits. It should definitely improve your life at least a little bit (if you are seeking to improve that is).